What is datAshur?
The iStorage datAshur is the world’s most secure, easy to use and affordable USB flash drive, employing PIN code access with military grade AES 256-bit hardware encryption. The datAshur incorporates a rechargeable battery allowing the user to enter a 7-15 digit PIN onto the on-board keypad before connecting the drive to the USB port.
All data transferred to the datAshur is encrypted in real-time with the built in hardware encryption engine and is protected from unauthorised access or if your datAshur is lost or stolen. The datAshur automatically locks when unplugged from the host computer or power to the USB port is turned off.
The datAshur operates straight out of the box, does not require any software or drivers to be installed and is compatible with PCs, MACs, Linux and embedded systems. The datAshur delivers drag and drop encryption, plug and play simplicity and can be used with any off the shelf backup software.
The datAshur can be configured with independent User and Admin PINs, making it perfect for corporate and government deployment. If the User forgets their PIN, the drive can be unlocked using the Admin PIN which will then clear the old User PIN and allow the User to set a new PIN. The datAshur also incorporates a drive reset feature which clears both User and Admin PINs, destroys the data, creates a new randomly generated encryption key and allows the drive to be reused. The datAshur is capable of generating an infinite number of randomly generated encryption keys, allowing the user to reset the drive as and when required.
As the iStorage datAshur is unlocked via the on-board keypad and not via a keyboard, it is not vulnerable to software/hardware based key-loggers or brute force attacks. The datAshur protects your data with a “Brute Force Hack Defence Mechanism”, which deletes the encryption key and destroys all stored data if the incorrect PIN is entered a total of 10 consecutive times.
The datAshur is an investment that will last for years. Its rugged, extruded aluminium, water proof casing is tamper evident and protects it against physical damage. The internal drive components are also sealed with a tamper proof coating.
How does datAshur work?
Why choose datAshur?
Did you know that millions of flash drives are lost or stolen every year and this figure is rising. Have you ever considered the impact of losing your non-encrypted USB flash drive? Your data would be at the mercy of anyone who stumbles across it.
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) now has the power to fine businesses and government bodies up to £500,000 for serious breaches of the Data Protection Act. This includes the loss of an unencrypted USB flash drive that contains client data. The ICO has been very clear in advising businesses and government bodies to encrypt all data that workers access, they also recognise that data which is encrypted and lost or stolen is not vulnerable to compromise.
Loss of confidential data can have a devastating effect on both businesses and consumers. It could lead to a hefty fine, the downfall of a business, embarrassment, job losses and adverse media attention. The iStorage datAshur can protect you against all of this.
What is the difference between software and hardware encryption?
- Complex passwords can be cracked easily and quickly with a Brute Force Attack
- Simple password cracking software is readily available on the internet, often free of charge
- Software encryption is vulnerable to key loggers – where every key pressed is logged in either a software or hardware key logger
- Software encryption can be corrupted by viruses
- Software encryption is much slower when compared to hardware encryption
- Software encryption needs to be installed on each computer that the external storage device is used on
- Software encryption shares computers resources to encrypt data with other programs on the computer, making it only as safe as your computer.
- The datAshur cannot be brute force attacked
- The datAshur is not vulnerable to keyloggers as the PIN is entered on the unit rather than the keyboard
- The datAshur does not require any software and can be used on any PC, MAC, Linux, Android or Symbian system
- Encryption is performed in real-time thus there is no speed degradation
- No software or drivers are required
- FIPS Security 140-2 Level 3 Certified (Certificate number 1873CESG CPA certification (in process)Common Criteria certification (in process)
- Works with Smartphones, tablets, Google Chromebooks, thin clients, printers, scanners, CCTV cameras – any device with a USB or USB OTG port
- Capacities of 4GB, 8GB, 16GB & 32GB *
- PIN activated 7-15 digits - Alphanumeric keypad use a memorable number or word for your PIN
- Military grade Full-disk AES 256-bit CBC Hardware Encryption
- Compatibility with any OS - Windows, MAC, Linux
- Crypto-parameters protected with SHA-256 hashing
- Dust and water resistant durable aluminium housing. Certified to IP57 rating – certificate no. LVD-D120789COC.
- Tamper evident and resistant
- Supports Admin and User independent PINs
- Auto-lock on removal
- Drive reset destroys data and recovers use of drive
- OS and platform independent – compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux and embedded systems
- No software or drivers required
- Guaranteed with 3 year warranty
- Works with any USB/USB On-The-Go devices
- Brute Force Hack Defence Mechanism
- Customisation service available – contact iStorage for further information
|Capacity||4GB, 8GB, 16GB & 32GB *|
|Speed||Up to 27MB per second read. Up to 24MB per second write.|
|Dimensions (drive with sleeve)||80mm x 20mm x 10.5mm|
|Dimensions (drive without sleeve)||78mm x 18mm x 8mm|
|Hardware||USB2 high speed - compatible with USB1 & USB3|
|Operating System compatibility||Windows, MAC OS, Linux, Android & Symbian|
|Hardware Data Encryption||AES Cipher-Block Chained mode|
|Encryption Keys||256-bit Hardware|
Finally, the arrival of an ultra-secure, easy to use and affordable USB Flash Drive.
The iStorage datAshur® is the world’s most secure, easy to use and affordable USB flash drive, employing PIN code access with military grade AES 256-bit hardware encryption. The datAshur incorporates a rechargeable battery allowing the user to enter a 7-15 digit PIN onto the on-board keypad before connecting the drive to the USB port.