- Whats New
- Tech Spec
Transcribe, edit and write all by voice
Dragon Dictate for Mac, version 4 merges fast, accurate speech recognition and versatile transcription to fit the way you work. Dictate and edit documents, send email, transcribe voice memos from your smartphone, and more with just your voice.
- Supports Various Formats : Now transcribe from .mp3 audio files. Other supported formats include: .aif, .aiff , .wav, .mp4, .m4a, .m4v.
- Capture Recorded Notes : Accurately transcribe based on recorded sources instead of requiring training from a live source.
- Manage Multiple Sources : Allows for multiple transcription sources and easy transition between personal dictation and other transcription files.
- Blend Recordings Seamlessly : Easily transcribe your own voice memos from a smartphone or portable voice recorder into text and seamlessly mix and match transcribing from other recording sources.
- Customize Your Notes : You can keep all the customization and vocabulary from your profile without having to switch out to a different profile.
- Do more with Gmail : Control your Gmail inbox within the Safari or Firefox browser with a few simple voice commands. Full Text Control lets you mix your talking and typing and still be able to edit, correct and format your text using voice commands.
- Go hands-free : Use your voice to click on any visible link and to open emails.
- Type or Talk : Mix talking and typing with Full Text Control in Apple Pages 4.3.
More accurate and faster
Higher Performance : Get things done with drastically reduced latency and faster editing. As a pure 64-bit application, Dragon Dictate for Mac, version 4, now enables higher performance and improved memory management capabilities over previous versions.
Enhanced Recognition : Improved accuracy over version 3.x, with optimization for latest speech recognition technology.
MacSpeech Dictate, world's No 1 speech recognition software for Apple Macintosh
Now Available in 3 flavors
- Dragon Dictate 4.0
- Dragon Dictate 4.0 Mobile
- Dragon Dictate 4.0 Wireless
Think it. Speak it. Create it.
Welcome to Dragon Dictate 4.0, the premier speech recognition solution for the Macintosh. With Dragon Dictate you’re free to focus on what you have to say … just think it, speak it, and create it. It’s that simple. Written from the ground up for the Mac, Dragon Dictate’s accuracy and capabilities make it as fun, productive, and intuitive to use as the Mac itself. Dragon Dictate provides:
Amazing Accuracy : Dragon Dictate 4.0 has a new heart and that's of famous Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 engine. and this will astonish you with its accuracy. You simply talk and leave the recognition to Dragon Dictate 4.0. Dragon Dictate 4.0 recognizes and understands 13 English language variations, nine with U.S. spelling and four with U.K. spelling. Now up to 20% more accurate & Faster than older version.
Essential Command Capabilities : Instead of using your mouse to select menu commands or your keyboard to type shortcuts, just speak a command. MacSpeech Dictate executes it for you. What’s more, Dragon Dictate 4.0 understands key commands. With the ‘Press The Key’ and ‘Press The Key Combo’ commands, you can enter specific keys and even keyboard modifiers like Command, Option, Shift, and Control. That makes you more productive and Dragon Dictate 4.0 more intuitive. What could be better?
Faster Performance & Easier Editing : We all love speedy applications and new Dragon Dictate 4.0 does not disappoint. The New Dragon Dictate 4.0 commands are easy to say, easy to remember, and designed to simplify and speed up editing by voice. These commands include: “Select text“, “Delete text“, “Train text“, “Correct text“, “Insert Before/After text“, “Capitalize text“ , “Lowercase text“ and “Uppercase text".
Compatible with Dragon Certified Recorder for audio transcriptions : Many of Dragon Dictate 4.0 users wanted this features which was only available for Dragon for Windows users and with the launch of Dragon Dictate 4.0 Mobile this feature becomes a standard part now. Recorder your thoughts on move in Dragon certified Digital Voice Recorder and transcribe the same later using Dragon Dictate 4.0. Offers great mobility.
Spelling A World Of Words : Dragon Dictate 4.0’s spelling mode lets you easily spell words, names, and acronyms with either natural language or the International Radio Alphabet. You have complete control over every aspect of your speech recognition input.
Proofreading : The new Proofreading commands in Dragon Dictate 4.0 take advantage of the powerful Text-to-Speech capabilities built into Mac OS X. Use these commands to have dictated text read back to you: “Read/Proofreadtext”, “Read/Proofread The Selection” and “Read/Proofread Document”.
Surrounding Punctuation : These commands allow you to put punctuation around certain words or words, using a single command. For example, “Put Quotes Around text”.
Dragon Voice shortcuts for search : Dragon Dictate 4.0's voice shortcuts offer an easy way to search the web for information, or search your Mac for content. Speak a dynamic command, such as "Search Google for 'Italian restaurants'", or "Search Mac for 'history term paper'", and Dragon Dictate 4.0 helps you find what you're looking for.
Flexible Microphone : Switching between microphones is easier to manage with Dragon Dictate 4.0. A new “Audio Sources” setting lets you specify which microphones to use with a given Profile. You can even designate multiple microphones for a single Profile -- for example, if you use both a wired headset microphone and a wireless microphone.
MouseGrid : Placement of the cursor can be accomplished with MouseGrid commands. Using numbered 3x3 grid sections onscreen, you can narrow down the placement of the mouse pointer, and then use a Mouse Click command. MouseGrid commands include: “MouseGrid”, “Small MouseGrid” (directly around mouse pointer),“1” through “9” to narrow down placement, and “Close MouseGrid” or “Cancel”.
Mouse Click : To click the mouse, you simply speak a command such as "Mouse Click", "Mouse Double/Triple Click", "Press/Hold Mouse" or "Release Mouse". Optional "modifiers" designate one or more keys such as Command, Option, Shift or Caps Lock.
Mouse Movement : Move the mouse pointer, just by using your voice. You designate the direction (left, right, up, down, or any combination), and optionally the distance (points, centimeters or inches). New commands include: “Move Mouse direction distance (1-100 points/centimeters/inches“ and “Stop, or Slower, or Faster“.
- 2.4 Ghz Intel Core2 Duo-based Mac with 4 GB RAM. Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 recommended.
- 4 GB Harddisk Space.
- Mac OS X 10.8.3 Mountain Lion or Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- Internet connection required for product registration
- Nuance-approved USB microphone for Mac (included with new purchase)